Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII

Hey everyone!

For me, Super Bowl Sunday always turns out to be a really fun day. Even when my team doesn’t make it to the big game (like this year), I still always have a great time because it’s an opportunity to get together with my favorite people - family and friends. My mom will usually make her famous chili beans and I’ll help make the 7-layer dip for our viewing party at my grandma’s house. This year, I ended up going over a friend’s apartment to watch it while we ate leftovers from the night before. Although the game wasn’t particularly exciting, as the Seahawks pretty much dominated the Broncos, we still had a good time. Besides the football and the company, one of the other things I always look forward to during the Super Bowl is the commercials. Everyone sticks around during the breaks to see which companies will put on the best ads. They usually seem to be pretty well thought out and bring around a good laugh from everybody. 

Anyways, I love Super Bowl Sunday because no matter what the situation, whether my team is in it or not, or whether I’m with family or friends, it’s a way for me to forget about all my worries and get into the game. This past week was pretty hectic, as I’m sure was for many other people as well. But that’s one of the cool things about sports. It provides a way for people to sit back, relax, and just enjoy each other’s company. This is why I love football. Have a great week everyone! God bless.

Love, 

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment