Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome to My Blog!

Hello everyone!

My name is Vanessa, I'm a student living in beautiful Southern California, and I'm extremely excited to be writing my first blog post ever! The purpose of my blog is to share with you the everyday life experiences I have, the dreams I pursue, and the adventures I embark on. It is to share with you my perspective on the world, and hopefully inspire you with what I discover. 

As we enter 2014, let's remember: it's a new year, filled with new beginnings. Instead of the typical New Year's Resolutions of eating healthier or working out more, I thought I'd suggest another that might be of value to you...it has to do with attitude. 

One thing I plan to do from here on out is face challenges head on. The past year was a little rough for me. There were times when I felt completely helpless, like all doors were being closed. I began to develop a very negative image of myself, until the only person stopping me from feeling better was myself. How did I overcome this? Through spending a lot of time with my family and friends and allowing myself to be reminded of what is important to me. I learned to accept that everything happens for a reason, and that character is formed through trials. Now, I can confidently say that I am grateful for all of those challenges I faced. Why? Because coming out of those situations made me stronger, built my perseverance, and solidified my faith. It taught me to appreciate the life I have even more and all the people I love who surround me. Finally, it has inspired me to live each day to the fullest and make the most of every moment. The way I see it, challenges in life are inevitable. What we do have control of, however, is how we react to them. You can either choose to let them defeat you, or instead, you can choose to see them for what they are - as opportunities for growth. Instead of resenting every problem that I encounter, I am going to be thankful for it as another part of my life's journey to becoming a better person. 

Therefore, let's head into this year with a new and improved attitude. Although you can't change the past, the future is still unwritten. Allow your heart to direct your path. Don't let fear get the best of you, let hope be the stronghold of your heart. Remember that you are special, and you are here for a purpose. Like my Great-Grandma Pat said to me, just be happy! Each day you wake up is a gift in itself, so enjoy it. Sing, dance, be merry, do something nice for someone who can't repay you. Love each other, including yourself. You have the power to do so much good in the world. 

I hope I was able to give you some food for thought for your New Year's Resolutions. I am so looking forward to the adventures awaiting me, definitely having good vibes about 2014. Have a wonderful start to your year, talk to you soon! God bless.

Love,

Vanessa

3 comments: