Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Making of "Steppin' with Vanessa"

Hey everyone!

Today’s blog is a little on the lighter side. I want to share with you how I came up with the name “Steppin’ with Vanessa.” Deciding I was going to create a blog and making my first post wasn’t too difficult. Coming up with the title of my blog, on the other hand, was the hard part. I spent about 5 long days throwing out different names, such as “Sincerely Vanessa”, “Very Vanessa”, and “The World According to Vanessa”. I wanted it to sound catchy, but at the same time not corny. I also didn’t want the title to be too similar to someone else’s blog at the risk of confusing people. Idea after idea I came up with was either already taken or just didn’t sound right, it was very frustrating!

Then one night as I was falling asleep after an intense brainstorming session, I pondered more on a suggestion that was given to me, “Steppin’ with Vanessa.” I liked it for a couple reasons. I thought it sounded hip and upbeat; something that would capture people’s attention. The word “steppin’” can mean a lot of things - walking, dancing, moving - all words that represent what I enjoy doing on a daily basis. I also thought it would sound cool if my blog ever turns into my traveling diary, since I do hope to see more of the world in the future. Finally, this title was perfect because it pretty much sums up the purpose of my blog. I’m asking my readers to take a walk alongside me through my adventures and see the world from my perspective. Therefore, “Steppin’ with Vanessa” was born.

Hope you all have an amazing week, stay positive and keep steppin’! God bless.

Love, 

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment