Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Hi everyone!

Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve made a post, hope you are enjoying summer and had a wonderful Fourth of July! As Americans, we live in an amazing country. Perfect? No, but we do have the ability to make our voices heard, stand up for what we believe in, and live the life that we choose. I love how there is no defining characteristic that makes a person “American,” because we truly are a melting pot of many different cultures. Through this great diversity, we learn more about where each other come from, and we accept one another for who we are. We create bonds with people who don’t look like us, talk like us, or think the same things. And I believe through those bonds, we are united in our shared values of freedom, justice, and opportunity for all. We need to always remember that.

Anyways, I’ve been having a super fun summer! A couple weeks ago, I visited Denver, aka “The Mile High City,” taking my state count up to 5. I also went to Vegas and played a little roulette, which went surprisingly well...and was most likely beginner’s luck. This week I got work done, caught up with old friends, celebrated my little brother’s birthday, and did some fireworks with my family - which is always a BLAST. Summer seriously is the perfect time (especially if you’re on break from school like me) to just enjoy yourself. Go to the beach, see a movie, take an airplane ride to somewhere new - the possibilities are endless. Just make sure to include the people you love in your adventures, take pics, and have fun! God bless.

Love,

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment